Sunday 25 April 2010

Bring me sunshine.

Today has been the warmest day of the year and Anna and Myself have had a lovely day at plot!
Anna planted out lots of giant sunflowers she has been growing in greenhouse all down the sides of my beds I will be using for summer and winter squash. I managed to prepare another bed and continued to remove couch grass, also planted out parsnips I have been growing in loo rolls in polytunnel.

Things are starting to grow now and one of my rhubarb growns has sprouted and is showing good signs of life sadly still no sign of my jeruselem artichokes I planted some time ago not giving up hope though. Spuds are all growing nicely and I removed fleece today as no frost forecast for at least the next few nights. We also sowed direct carrots which we got free from BBC dig in and also 3 different varietys of radish Albena and the other 2 I can't remember off the top of my head??????

Also had some spare imperial long pod plants in tunnel that were getting pot bound so dotted them around the plot in random places. I have sown far too many mange tout golden sweet and have loads of plants in tunnel to find space for or give away to family and friends. I admit to sometimes getting overwhelmed with it all at times and worry I am doing something wrong but I guess that is why I enjoy doing what I do as I am learning all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment