Thursday 20 January 2011

Rats and Moles

I have to admit I am looking forward to day off tommorow(actually today) so I can go down plot and have a good tidy up and start my planning for 2011. Dreading going in Nan's shed (metal shed I had from Nan's garden when she passed away) as I have stored my spuds in there and when I visited the other day it appears rodents of some description have chewed through hessian and been munching on said spuds. Looking at how much they have munched they must be the size of small dogs by now, I have a phobia of rats for some unknown reason yet I had a pet rat called Roland when I was a teenager!

Another pest problem I have discovered on our allotment are moles they seem to be digging quicker than Steve McQueen in The great escape. Moles were a problem in my old house which is about 1/4 mile from allotment I tried everything I could to get rid of them but to no avail, I guess I will just have to live with them and take advantage of the lovely soil they produce in their mounds.

Jobs for today are as follows clean and tidy plot, rescue spuds from nan's rat infested shed followed by wiping brown residue from underwear, bonfire, washing out seed trays coming home and starting my chillis and peppers in heated propagator.

Not forgetting to take some pictures and post them on here for all to see.

Sat on my own in office thinking of bloody rats now speak soon Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment