Tuesday 25 May 2010

Tomatoes planted outside.

Today we have been busy weeding and watering it has been another hot and dry day but not as hot as previous few days. We have not had any significant rainfall for over 4 weeks by my reckoning.

We have been harvesting radishes,corriander,parsley and rocket. I planted outside inca bush tomatoes and sorted out tunnel and have put telegraph cucumbers and sweetheart melons in to there final posisition in growbags within tunnel! Swede in modules has sprouted also more sunflowers and turnips. I may be wrong but I believe at long last the jeruselem artichokes have finally sprouted and reared there heads, I may be wrong and it could be just weed as I have not got a clue what they look like. We had another commitee meeting last night as we are preparing for our allotment seed and plant swap this weekend Sunday and bank holiday Monday 12pm till 4pm. We will also be using the time to get plot holders to join up to the association and create a good community spirit, there will also be a raffle and cake sale. Here is hoping for the good weather to continue over the holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment