Saturday 12 March 2011

Big hairy beaver!

Well that is what I thought it was but no it was a rat!

Down at the plot this afternoon pottering around and I saw something out the corner of my eye by the bait box I have by my shed, firstly I thought it was Jimmy the allotment cat but looking closer I soon realised it was a rat. Now I do not like the bloody things as previously stated but I did not mind watching this one as it was going in box to feed on poison so I knew it would soon not be eating my spuds or piddling everywhere and leaving myself and others exposed to vials disease. The thing that fascinated me the most was the size of the bastard it was huge and for a split second I thought it was a beaver.
I do not like laying poison the worst bit is disposing of the bodies(as I have to look at them) I burnt one a couple of weeks back and it smelt quite nice as it cooked away but wouldn't fancy eating one unless it was prepared properly at my local Chinese take away and then I may be swayed. I don't think the rat problem will ever go away as We have a small holding directly behind our allotment but it is good to keep the numbers down especially if they are all that size.

No comments:

Post a Comment